Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kyushu Spring Fair 2012.

So I was supposed to write about Ikoma, my Japanese language school, first but it winded up into becoming a looong post professing my love for Japan that I had to set it aside for now. Then, I decided that it can be another blogpost of its own so I will have to write a separate post for Ikoma. I always forget to take photos of Ikoma's interior so I decided to write about the food fairs I went to so far!

Ikoma is located on the 12th floor of a building with the lower floors consisting of Isetan and a huge Japanese hypermarket at the basement. Naturally, it elates me that Japanese food and supplies are so accessible so I drop by the hypermarket pretty often. That's when I first stumbled upon Kyushu Spring Fair!

 This is a Wapurin, a Japanese confectionery which I have no idea if it has an English name. As you can see, the middle is a wiggling, cold, luscious purin(pudding)!! So happy I could die! I absolutely LOVE puddings and no matter where I eat, I will order a purin if they serve it. I love them so much that I actually made it a quest to look for the best purin ever... and I actually found it. Unfortunately, just like any other tragic love story, it was heartwrenching. More on my tragic love story in the next post on Hokkaido Fair, the place where it all started. *nostalgic


 This is more common among non-Japanese, it's a Purindora which is short for Pudding Dorayaki. Pretty self-explanatory, as I am sure most of us knows what a Dorayaki is from Doraemon. My sis loves Doraemon, Dorayaki and Purin. She will definitely love this as much as I do! Too bad Japanese food (even the ones in vacuum packs) don't last long so I couldn't keep some for her. I think it's really great how they use alcohol pads as a natural preservative so I am not complaining! Oh well, hopefully by the time she gets to eat this, we will be having it in Japan~

 Also a Purindora, but in strawberry flavour!
I don't usually eat strawberry-flavoured food but when I do, they're made in Japan.

 Another favourite, pudding bread! I could keep this up to 1 year in the freezer so what's 1 week to compare! I bought it during the last 2 days of the fair too, they had a promotion so I gave the other one to my landlady. Shared this with my sis as breakfast and it was awesome! There were caramel sauce packs included.

 A bento set from an unagi (eel) stall at the fair! I always wanted to try Yakionigiri (grilled ricball) too! My mom said it looked ugly when I sent her the photo but luckily it turned out pretty tasty.

Kyushu's fresh milk ice-cream! Totally different from any other milk ice-creams I tried. Intense flavour!

Also bought a soufflĂ© with chocolate chips and cream.

Other than the soufflĂ©, the rest of the stuff they are selling at Kyushu Spring Fair is seasonal so I won't be seeing them again until next year. =( I missed out on trying the Taiyakis and Croquettes. Not a very huge fan of both but I love trying new food, especially when they're Japanese. I think I would have loved the Taiyakis, they had latte/chocolate fillings for it, though I resisted because they sell a lot in one pack and I dont think I can finish it so it will be a waste. The next post will be about Hokkaido fair! Twice the deelish and fun~


No comments:

Post a Comment