Tuesday, March 12, 2013

(Kamisama Hajimemashita) Translations of "Kami to Shinshi no Nichijou".

Last part of "Kami to Shinshi no Nichijou" (The Daily Life of a God and a Familiar) is here! We're back to the present with Tomoe and a very flustered Nanami. Enjoy and have a nice week! I'll start translating the 1st episode of "Kami to Shinshi no Keiyaku" (The Contract Between a God and a Familiar) next.

Please support the series by buying the originals once they are available in your country! You can order this Drama CD from Amazon Japan right here.

Disclaimer: These translations are not 100% accurate, but I try my best to stay as close to the original meaning and nuances.


Tomoe: Hmm?
Nanami: Let's see.. Put the egg back in the bowl and then... Eh?! Butter as well?! What should I do about the grapefruits?!
Tomoe: What are you doing?
Nanami: Tomoe?!
Tomoe: I'll ask once more, what are you doing?
Nanami: I am preparing breakfast...
Tomoe: Why?
Nanami: Because I was frustrated.
Tomoe: With what?
Nanami: Didn't you think that I can't do housework, Tomoe?
Tomoe: Rather than what I think, isn't that more like a fact?
Nanami: That's not it! I can do it as well if I think I can!

-Pots and pans clattering-

Tomoe: Really... You're honestly such a handful.
Nanami: Eh?
Tomoe: You don't have to do anything, I will take care of you (Literally: Raising/bringing up a child)
Nanami: That.. That won't do, won't it?! What are you talking about, Tomoe! I'll be in charge of cooking.
Tomoe: With that kind of skills?
Nanami: I'll do my best and improve!
Tomoe: By that, don't you mean that I should teach you?
Nanami: ...I'll be under your care then.
Tomoe: You really increase my workload unnecessarily..
Nanami: I'll do my best! Please!
Tomoe: I prefer feeding you though..
Nanami: Eh?
Tomoe: Since I am a Sparta, I won't go easy on you.
Nanami: Yes!
Tomoe: Then firstly, crack the egg in.
Nanami: Yes..
Tomoe: Your way of mixing is wrong. Don't separate the yolk. Do it properly!
Otohiko: What's this? This conversation.. It seems lovey-dovey but he's treating her so harshly.. How does love fit in that.. Ah, enough! Just how should it be?!

============================== End ==============================

Hahahahaha Otohiko, it's tough love! Pretty sweet and amusing how Tomoe treats Nanami like his child and enjoys feeding her. It tickled the cockles of my heart! Look forward to the translations for "Kami to Shinshi no Keiyaku" (The Contract Between a God and a Familiar), guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment