Tuesday, March 5, 2013

(Kamisama Hajimemashita) Translations of "Kami to Shinshi no Nichijou".

Part 2 is up! We'll get to know why Tomoe became so good at doing housework. Please enjoy and look forward to chapter 93 of Kamisama Hajimemashita! I just finished translating the whole chapter and the typesetters are currently working on it!

Please support the series by buying the originals once they are available in your country! You can order this Drama CD from Amazon Japan right here.

Disclaimer: These translations are not 100% accurate, but I try my best to stay as close to the original meaning and nuances.


Mikage: Tomoe, I'll make you my familiar.
-Tomoe winces-
Tomoe: Mikage, isn't a familiar a being who serves a God? What exactly should I do?
Mikage: I guess so.. I just want you to keep this promise. Don't leave by yourself without telling anyone.
Tomoe: That's a promise from before.
Mikage: Is that so? Then.. show your face at least once everyday.
-Tomoe sighs-
Mikage: You don't want to? Then on alternate days would be fine as well.
Tomoe: That's not it. Is that all? How about helping out, assisting or cleaning?
Mikage: Oh, so that's what you mean. Well, I am able to do my own things so I don't mind if you take it easy. I'll ask for your help when I need it too. (?)
Tomoe: Is that.. so..

Mikage: Oh, Tomoe? You're not going out today?
Tomoe: It's raining.
Mikage: It was clear yesterday but didn't you stay at home the whole day as well?
Tomoe: That's yesterday. I am not in the mood to go out.
Mikage: I see.
Tomoe: Mikage!
Mikage: Hmm?
Tomoe: I am free right now, so I can help you with anything at all.
Mikage: Really? I am thankful for that.
Tomoe: What do you want me to do?
Mikage: Let's see... Hmm, well... There's nothing right now.
-Tomoe disappointed-
Mikage: Sorry. I'll call for you if anything comes up.
Tomoe: I am just asking because I had the time, I might not know when I'll be free again. Never mind.

Mikage: This book was quite interesting. My judgement for essay collections was intrigued.. Wait a minute, did I put away the book I read last time?
-Bookshelf collapses-
Mikage: Oh my, the bookshelf is broken. If I don't fix it soon, the other books might be affected as well.. Let's see, where is the.. Ah, found it!
-Bookshelf breaks more-
Mikage: Eh? I guess I put in too much strength. Oh well, nothing we can do about it.
-Bookshelf completely destroyed-
Mikage: How did that happen? Why is that broken?
 -Mikage sighs-
Mikage: So troublesome.. I'll give up on the bookshelf. It's fine to leave it on the floor anyway. 
-Piles books on the floor-
Mikage: It's bad if I don't wipe the floor first. Let's see, the dust cloth should be around here.. Found it.
-Wipes-
Mikage: Eh? Why is it becoming black? Why..? Uwa, now that I think about it I used this to clean the water container outside at the yard.. Ah, my clean dust cloth..
-Trips-
Mikage: This is terrible... Oh well, nothing I can do about it. Let's see, the book...

Tomoe: There is something you can do about it, isn't it!
Mikage: Hmm? Tomoe?
Tomoe: Why did it become like that? Don't you have any homemaking skills at all?
Mikage: Homemaking skills..?
Tomoe: Such as living neatly or maintaining cleanliness. That's what I meant.
Mikage: Eh? But I do that though..
Tomoe: It's not working at all, isn't it!?
Mikage: Is..Is that so...
Tomoe: Clean the dust cloth, at least. Get the water!
-Mikage impressed-
Tomoe: Pile the fallen books into a corner of the room. Sweep the floor with a broom.
-Sparkling-
Mikage: Uwa.. amazing! Was the room this wide before..?
Tomoe: You just didn't tidy it up properly.
Mikage: Still.. isn't it amazing, Tomoe? You're able to do something like this..
Tomoe: What are you talking about? It's common sense to know how to tidy up a room, isn't it? Who do you think I am?! (A capable housewife? Hahahah)
Mikage: It's still amazing! I am glad you're around, Tomoe.
Tomoe: This is just the beginning.. The garden is overrun by weed and the offering box is untidy as well. We should do something about them. Anyway, don't you feel self-conscious as the Land God who is responsible for taking care of this shrine?!
Mikage: Sorry..
Tomoe: Hmph, it's like this because you were living by yourself. Leave it to me.

-Coin clanking in the offering box-
Old lady: Little boy, are you visiting?
Boy: Yes! -claps- Please let me be the champion in Sumo! I thought it would be good to pray at the local shrine..
Old lady: Is that so. It's nice that you have faith. Isn't it strange though? I had a feeling that this shrine wasn't so clean before..
Boy: Yeah, it was rundown. But it became fascinating recently.
Old lady: You're right. I am sure Sumo will go fine for you.
Boy: I think so too.
Mikage: It's all thanks to Tomoe that we have more visitors recently. Thank you.
Tomoe: Hmph, I am just doing what I like. It just feels good to do it properly.

====================Part 2===================

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, Tomoe cleans because he likes it (because he does a good job at it)

    But in part 1, he says he has no choice but to cook - I was always under the impression that he likes to cook, but I guess its not the case? (unless he's being tsundere haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he has never had to cook for Mikage because they don't heat human food. Remember that Tomoe just learned to cook human food for Nanami...so maybe that's what he meant by he had no choice (he had to learn that skill recently). Plus, yeah, he's being tsundere hahaha..as always :P

    ReplyDelete